Welcome to Raven Tree and Siskiyou Land Trust 2017 Birdhouse Building Contest, Auction and a Celebration of Birds in Sisson Meadow!
Raven Tree and Siskiyou Land Trust are combining forces to celebrate birds in Sisson Meadow and Raven Tree’s second year in business with a birdhouse making contest, silent auction, and a bird walk in Sisson Meadow!
Birdhouse entries are due September 30th, 2017. Winners will be chosen by a judging panel, and entries will be displayed at Raven Tree as part of our silent auction. Kids are also encouraged to participate (all entrants under 18 will go home with a prize!)
Prize categories include: fully functional, art/decorative, natural materials, repurposed materials, and children’s entries.
Award presentation on October 7, 2017.
How to Enter
- Submit your completed house to Raven Tree by September 30th, 2017.
- Fill out Registration form, FREE to enter!
- You may choose to donate your finished birdhouse to the Silent auction. All proceeds benefit Siskiyou Land Trust.
Once all entries have registered, Raven Tree will display houses appropriately and a panel of judges (5) will vote on their favorite houses. After voting takes place, houses will be on display for silent auction, which will run from Monday October 2nd 10:00 AM to Saturday 7th 1:00 PM.
Winners will be announced and many wonderful prizes will be given at Raven Tree on Saturday October 7th at 1:00 PM.
- Fully Functional: These designs must have appropriate dimensions, entrance hole size, drainage, ventilation, ability to clean out, no perch, durable wood type.
- Art/decorative: This includes painted houses and decorative amenities placed on the house.
- Natural Materials: Bird house parts made from our amazing resources that mother nature has provided.
- Repurposed Materials: This includes, but is not limited to: old, rustic, used, vintage, antique materials that were originated with a different intention.
- Best Kids Birdhouse under 10
- Best Kids Birdhouse under 18
(don’t forget all contestants under 18 will go home with a little something for their hard work!)
Everyone is encouraged to enter, including youth.
- All entries must be original construction. Name & contact information must be on bottom of birdhouse. Registration form must accompany entry.
- Materials must be able to withstand the elements.
- We reserve the right to disallow any submission deemed objectionable. We are not responsible for any damage to or disappearance of the house.
- Entrance into the contest constitutes permission to use your name and image for purposes of publicity.
Good Luck and Happy Building!