Welcome to the Raven Tree and Siskiyou Land Trust 3rd Annual Birdhouse Building Contest, Auction and a Celebration of Birds in Sisson Meadow!
Raven Tree and Siskiyou Land Trust are combining forces to celebrate birds in Sisson Meadow and Raven Tree’s third year in business with a birdhouse making contest, silent auction, and a bird walk in Sisson Meadow!
Birdhouse entries are due September 14th, 2018. Winners will be chosen by a judging panel, and entries will be displayed at Raven Tree as part of our silent auction. Kids are also encouraged to participate (all entrants under 18 will go home with a prize!)
Prize categories include: fully functional, art/decorative, natural materials, repurposed materials, and children’s entries at all levels.
Award presentation on September 22, 2018 at Sisson Meadow, 11:00 a.m.
How to Enter
- Submit your completed house to Raven Tree by September 14th, 2018.
- Fill out Registration form, FREE to enter!
- You may choose to donate your finished birdhouse to the Silent auction. All proceeds benefit Siskiyou Land Trust.
Raven Tree will display houses appropriately and a panel of judges (5) will vote between Sept. 15-17th. After voting takes place, houses will be on display for silent auction, which will run from Monday, September 17th to Friday the 21st (at end of work day 5:30 p.m.)
Winners will be announced and many wonderful prizes will be given at Sisson Meadow on Saturday September 22nd at 10:00 a.m.
- Fully Functional: These designs must have appropriate dimensions, entrance hole size, drainage, ventilation, ability to clean out, no perch, durable wood type.
- Art/decorative: This includes painted houses and decorative amenities placed on the house.
- Natural Materials: Bird house parts made from our amazing resources that mother nature has provided.
- Repurposed Materials: This includes, but is not limited to: old, rustic, used, vintage, antique materials that were originated with a different intention.
- Best Kids Birdhouse under 10
- Best Kids Birdhouse under 18
(don’t forget all contestants under 18 will go home with a little something for their hard work!)
Everyone is encouraged to enter, including youth.
- All entries must be original construction. Name & contact information must be on bottom of birdhouse. Registration form must accompany entry.
- Materials must be able to withstand the elements.
- We reserve the right to disallow any submission deemed objectionable. We are not responsible for any damage to or disappearance of the house.
- Entrance into the contest constitutes permission to use your name and image for purposes of publicity.
Good Luck and Happy Building!